Monday, April 27, 2009

HDR Photography with Photomatix

You use Photomatix to do your HDR? That's so weird... I use Photomatix to do my HDR!!!

Now that everyone in the world is doing HDR photography, I figured I would give it a shot myself. My main introduction to HDR photography came from my friend, Jim Bunker, and a Milwaukee Photography Meetup Group meeting a few months ago.

I downloaded myself a copy of Photomatix Pro 3.1 at HDR Soft, and gave it a shot. here are a few of my early attempts at HDR. This first shot is of the outside of my studio. I needed a studio image for the new business cards I ordered, so I just threw this one together real quick.

This next shot is from the south side of Milwaukee, looking north towards the US Bank building. I added in some Photoshopped rain and a pond in the foreground. The pond came out ok, but I'm not too impressed with the rain effect I did. I'm gonna be redoing that in the future.

The third shot is a view from the inside of the building where my studio is. If you've seen any pictures from my studio of a creepy old elevator, you'll recognize the gears for the elevator at the top right of the picture.