Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Camera


So, as some of you know, I recently picked up a new camera. And some of those some of you were completely stunned to hear it was a CANON! So, before you get too excited, I'm still keeping my twin Nikon D300's for day to day use, but, I have to admit, for just running around with a point and shoot to do snapshots, I decided on the Canon G10 as being the best snap-shotter out there. The fact that it has a hotshoe and the ability to shoot RAW was important, although I found that the *.CR2 files don't seem to want to open in Photoshop CS3. Not sure if CS4 is compatable, but, I don't think I will be upgrading just for that. I'll stick with the relatively weak Canon software for now.

Anyway, image quality seems to be good. I had it in the studio a few times already, and I got some decent images with it. I'll be posting a bunch soon, but here is a couple shots of Cambriea.
It also does pretty good at bracketing (only 3 shots, but it does give you +-2 stops.) And with the remote cord and a tripod, I'll be able to keep up on my recent HDR obsession. Oh yeah, Photomatix processes the RAWs, but not Photoshop. Go figure.